Black and white photograph of Allan Hall (formerly known as Gardner Hall) located at 4 Orchard Avenue, Providence, RI. The name was changed to Allan Hall after a new Gardner Hall was finished in 1960. Allan Hall was named after a former Bryant Vice President, John Logan Allan, who died tragically in 1956, in a fire in his home while rescuing his daughter.
Allan Hall was a women's dorm capable of housing 52 residents.
Bryant purchased this property in 1939 from the estate of Judge Thomas Z. Lee. This home was originally the home of Judge Charles Mumford.
In 1969 Bryant sold this property to Brown University in preparation for the campus move to Smithfield, RI.