Black and white photo of Bryant's Administration Building, located at 154 Hope Street, Providence, RI. Bryant purchased this 14 room wood framed brick residence in 1947 from the estate of Mrs. Robert W. Taft. Mr. Robert W. Taft was a Providence banker and textile manufacturer.
This residence was constructed in 1895 and was designed by architects Stone, Carpenter & Wilson. This building features ogee gables on the main roof, conservatory and portico.
An addition was constructed in 1961.
This property was sold to Brown University in 1969, along with 25 other buildings, as Bryant developed its new campus in Smithfield, RI.
Administration Building; Robert W. Taft House;ogee gable roof