This residence was constructed in 1895 and was designed by architects Stone, Carpenter & Wilson. It features ogee gables on the main roof conservatory and portico. Stone, Carpenter & Wilson designed many buildings in Providence, many of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including Union Station, Brown’s Ladd Observatory and the Union Trust Company Building.
In 1961, Bryant constructed an addition to Taft House. Taft House was sold to Brown University in 1969 and is currently a coed literary fraternity residence, St. Anthony Hall.
See also : Historic American Buildings Survey, Creator, and Carpenter & Willson Stone. Robert W. Taft House, 154 Hope Street, Providence, Providence County, RI. Providence Providence County Rhode Island, 1933. Documentation Compiled After. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/ri0262/.
Administration Building Front View, Bryant University
Administration Building Street View With Cars, Bryant University
Administration Building Street View With Fence, Bryant University
Administration Building View With Students, Bryant University