Bryant’s original Allan Hall was located at 4 Young Orchard Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island. This 19,312 sq. ft. building was built in 1905. Bryant purchased this property in 1939 from the estate of Judge Thomas Z. Lee. This home was originally the home of Judge Charles Mumford. Bryant used this building as a women’s dormitory consisting of 25 rooms housing 52 students in addition to a house director in a one room apartment. Allan Hall was originally named Gardner Hall. The name was changed from Gardner Hall to Allan Hall. Allan Hall was demolished by Brown University in 1973 to make way for a new dorm.
A new Gardner Hall was built in 1960.
Allan Hall (formerly Gardner Hall) Street View, Bryant University
Allan Hall Original Lot, Power Street, Providence, RI, Bryant University