The Fisher Student Center is named after Michael E. '67 and Karen L. Fisher and was rededicated on September 6, 2013 after extensive renovations. Mr. Fisher, a Bryant University trustee and Chairman of the Board (2012-2013), is among Bryant's most accomplished alumni and he and his wife Karen have been two of the university's most generous philanthropists. Bryant is proud to name this building in their honor as a lasting tribute to their leadership.
Prior to September 2013, the Fisher Student Center was known as the Bryant Center and was named after Henry B. Bryant, one of the original founders of Bryant University as we know it today. In 1853 Henry B. Bryant and Henry D. Stratton, who had attended the Folsom Business College in Cleveland, Ohio, formed a partnership and started the first Bryant & Stratton College in Cleveland. In 1863 a branch was opened in Providence. This was the result of a partnership agreement between E. W. Mason and Bryant and Stratton. The Bryant Center groundbreaking was held on Thursday, May 2, 1985 and the building was dedicated on November 12, 1986.
Nicholas Colasanto '49 Lounge
The Nicolas Colasanto Lounge was named after this Cheers TV show star.
PwC Center for Diversity and Inclusion
The PwC Center for Diversity and Inclusion was dedicated on February 17, 2016 in honor of PwC, the world’s largest accounting firm and one of the largest professional services firms overall, after giving Bryant University a record $1.35 million to support diversity initiatives focused on student scholarships and leadership development.
Gertrude Meth Hochberg Women's Center
On Tuesday, March 22, 2011 Bryant University dedicated its Women's Center (located in the Fisher Center) in honor of Gertrude Meth Hochberg, who in the course of her life was a champion for women at Bryant and in Rhode Island.
Beginning with her arrival on Bryant's campus in 1949 as director of public relations, Hochberg made a personal commitment to be a mentor for women at Bryant. She left her mark on Bryant and the state of Rhode Island in several ways, including:
- In 1953, she brought about Bryant's first Commencement address delivered by a woman - Oveta Hobby, the first secretary of the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare;
- In 1963, as part of Bryant's centennial celebration, Hochberg organized "The Status of Women in America," a major symposium to demonstrate Bryant's commitment to women's professional lives. The event was a precursor to today's successful Women's Summit;
- In 1971, as a result of her many accomplishments on behalf of women, Hochberg was appointed by former Gov. John H. Chafee to chair the Rhode Island Commission on the Status of Women;
- In 1975, she became a vice president of the College - the first woman at any Rhode Island college to achieve that position.
The Bryant Women's Center opened its doors in March 2002.
Named after John H. Norberg, Class of 1941, the bookstore was dedicated May 15, 1973 and was originally located in the Unistructure in the space now occupied by University Relations (2012). Norberg was a tax administrator for the Rhode Island Division of Taxation.