Color photo of Stratton Gym located at the corner of Benevolent and Hope or at the rear of 1 Orchard Avenue (South Hall). Stratton Gym was constructed in 1935 as part of Bryant's new East Side campus and was also used as an auditorium and dining facility (until 1957). Before the gym was constructed, a carriage house and stable belonging to the "South Hall" mansion was located here.
Stratton Gym was named after Henry Stratton, one of the original founders of the Bryant and Stratton colleges.
This building was sold to Brown University in 1969.