Black and white photo of the original Alumni Hall on Bryant's former East Side campus. To the left is the Stratton Gymnasium Auditorium which was constructed adjacent to Alumni Hall in 1935.
Alumni Hall was once a nurse's residence for nurses employed at Hope Hospital which occupied South Hall before the South Hall property was purchased by Bryant.
This building was not always known as Alumni Hall during Bryant's 36 year presence on Providence's East Side. It had also been a kitchen for the dining facility in the Auditorium/Gymnasium, a snack bar/student union, and a bookstore.
Alumni Hall was also once located in a leased fire station located on Benevolent Street as was the library at one time.
The building pictured here was sold to Brown University in 1969.
Alumni Hall;Stratton Gymnasium Auditorium