Jacobs Hall was located at the corner of Young Orchard Avenue and Cooke Street. Constructed in 1957, the building was dedicated on June 7, 1958 as part of alumni homecoming weekend festivities. The first floor of the building housed the Henry L. Jacobs Library, three type writing classrooms and one office machines room. The second floor was a dining refectory. Jacobs Hall was named after Bryant President Henry Loeb Jacobs who had been president of Bryant from 1916-1961. A cornerstone ceremony for the building was held January 7, 1958 and a time capsule was placed in a cornerstone of this building at this time. Placed in the cornerstone were a letter from President Jacobs, the oldest Bryant catalog, a 1958-59 Bryant catalog and a copy of both the Providence Journal and the Evening Bulletin dated January 7, 1958. Jacobs Hall was sold to Brown University in 1969.
You hear more about our East Side Campus in this short video.
Jacobs Hall Front View, Bryant University
Jacobs Hall Side View With Cars, Bryant University
Jacobs Hall Street View With Cars, Bryant University
Jacobs Hall View of Front Entrance, Bryant University
Jacobs Hall, 7-9 Young Orchard Avenue, Providence, RI
Typing Classroom in Jacobs Hall