Lessons I have learned as President
1. Never be afraid of doing things you have never done before.
2. When you are in uncharted waters reach out to others who have the experience and skills you might not have and need- particularly in areas that you might be weak.
3. Build community or organizational confidence before you take on the really big projects.
4. Keep one foot planted n the present solving current problems- but keep the other stepping out to test future theories and solutions.
5. Hire the best people possible, then treat them well so that they will stay with you to build he future.
6. Don't be afraid of failure.
7. After everyone is comfortable with the success push the organization even harder. Complacency is the worst adversary of sustainable success.
8. Build organizational and community espirit de corps- community attitude can eat strategic plans for breakfast.
9. If you really like what you are doing- if you love to get up in the morning and go to work, don't let the lure of a bigger paying job for more money cause you to leave someplace you love. If you love your job, you will never work.
10. We are always learning, never stop.