Barber Hall (Townhouse E)
Barber Hall was named after Jeremiah Clarke Barber, former Bryant faculty member and former Dean of Bryant's School of Business Administration. Barber was born in Exeter, Rhode Islander and was educated in the Providence public school system and at Brown University.
Affectionately known as Jerry, Barber taught law and was also Dean of Students
The original Barber Hall was known as Barber House and was located at 88 Cooke Street on Bryant's former campus in Providence, RI. It was a men's dormitory consisting of 17 rooms housing 36 students. This building had been leased by Bryant in the 1960s and has since been converted into condominiums.
Barber died on November 9, 1940, the last surviving member of the old Bryant & Stratton faculty. That year Barber received an honorary degree from Bryant in absentia as he had been ill at that time. He served Bryant for 47 years.
The Jeremiah Clark Barber Award, given to an outstanding senior each year, is also named after this former dean.